Successful estate and trust administration comes from perceptive risk management, practical considerations such as cost containment, and thoughtful attention to individual needs. We guide our clients through the maze by tapping into years of experience.
Recent changes in tax law now require executors and trustees to pay more diligent attention to income tax issues. We are well suited to help these fiduciaries in gathering tax information from beneficiaries, recognizing opportunities to reduce the family’s combined estate and income tax burden, and implementing appropriate strategies.
Our practice covers every area of estate and trust administration, including:
- Acting as general counsel to family offices.
- Representing beneficiaries served by family offices.
- Counseling professional and lay fiduciaries in the administration of trusts, decedents' estates, and guardianship estates.
- Advising multiple generations of families on post-mortem tax strategies.
- Preparing federal and state estate tax returns and representing the estate or trust before the IRS and the Tax Court on tax controversies.
- Handling the full range of probate matters.