Our Chicago Non-Profit Attorneys have considerable experience providing legal assistance to a variety of non-profit and tax-exempt organizations.
Our practice has encompassed services to multi-million dollar foundations and public charities, health care providers such as hospitals, health systems, and academic medical centers, and organizations involved in the arts, science, and education.
Choice of Entity and Formation
- Obtaining tax-exempt status
- Federal, State, and local filings
- Dealing with IRS and other governmental agencies
- Creation of governance and membership structure
Operation of Entities
- Tax and compensation planning
- Fiduciary obligations
- Unrelated business income tax