Howard L. Huntington focuses his practice on commercial litigation. He also has substantial experience in the areas of professional liability, construction, product liability, toxic torts, and civil rights litigation. Howard has successfully represented corporations, entrepreneurs, municipalities, and nonprofits in a wide variety of civil litigation.
In the employment area, Howard has defended municipalities and public entities in Title VII discrimination cases, Section 1983 public employee cases, employment contract, and other matters.
He has defended numerous construction contractors, subcontractors, motor freight companies, hotels, casinos, and retailers in high-stakes catastrophic injury and wrongful death suits, and he appeared before the Indiana Supreme Court for a products matter on behalf of a manufacturer of helicopters.
• Sudden Medical Emergency Defense, CLM Magazine, a nationwide periodical of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (August 2019)
• Monograph: Civil Litigation Issues Raised by the Opioid Crisis in Illinois, published in Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel’s IDC Quarterly, Second Quarter 2019, Vol. 29, No. 2 (co-author)
• Major Differences in Handling Minors’ Claims, CLM Magazine, a nationwide periodical of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (July 2017)
• Cook County Strategy: How and When to Demand Transfer of Law Division Suits Filed in Suburban Districts to the Daley Center, published in the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel Tort Law Committee’s June 2018 Newsletter, Vol. 19 No. 4
• Monograph: Beyond HIPAA: Solving the Puzzle of Properly Acquiring Mental Health Records in Litigation, published in Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel’s IDC Quarterly, First Quarter 2016, Vol. 26, No. 1 (co-author)
• Monograph: A Primer on Defenses in Section 1983 and Police Liability Civil Actions, published in Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel’s IDC Quarterly, Fourth Quarter 2015, Vol. 25, No. 4 (co-author)
• Monograph: Tort Immunity Act, published in Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel’s IDC Quarterly, First Quarter 2014, Vol. 24, No. 1 (co-author)
• Dangerous Territory: How the Indian Arts and Crafts Act Can Ruin Your Business, In-House Defense Quarterly, a nationwide periodical of the Defense Research Institute (Winter 2010)
• Expanding While Contracting: The Dynamic State of Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress in Indiana, Res Gestae, the monthly periodical of the Indiana State Bar Association (March 2010)
• Practical Considerations Regarding Conflict of Laws, presented for Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (May 2020)
• Radio interview regarding copyright litigation on WJOL 1340 AM (August 2013)
• “Primer on American Product Liability Insurance and Law”, presented for the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest (April 2012)
• “Why Lincoln Was a Lawyer”, presented on behalf of the Indiana State Bar Association as part of its community outreach program (February 2012)
How did we do?
Note: Your review may be shared publicly.
Please be advised that any response to this email does not create an attorney-client relationship and, therefore, no attorney-client privilege is attached by this communication. You should not send any confidential information to the firm until you have received a written agreement from the firm to perform legal services on your behalf. Unless you have received such a written agreement, we will not consider any correspondence you send us as confidential. Do you agree with these terms?
ACCEPT the terms or Cancel the email.